1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

TWAIN compliant device not installed

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Sparticus039, Sep 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Sparticus039

Sparticus039 Thread Starter

I have an hp laserjet m2727nf and am trying to scan using the hp scanning client provided with the driver cd. My printer gives me an error message saying "Scan could not be completed. Cancelling scan." (real informative, I know). Then I tried to run the scanning software from the computer and recieved this message.

"There is no TWAIN-compliant device installed. Please install one and try again."

Searched everywhere (especially hp's website, utterly useless) and noticed that a lot of people have had the same problem but no solution.

Have reloaded the drivers twice, after removing the printer from the computer and rebooting each time and end up with the same problem.

Any help would be great.

Attached Files:

2. Mumbodog

Mumbodog

Operating System?

3. Mumbodog

Mumbodog

uninstall the software, this time when installing, right click on the executable installer and select "run as administrator", see if it can find the twain driver after installing this way.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/862987