1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Tweak UI removal from windows XP

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by tombomac, Jan 31, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tombomac

tombomac Thread Starter

hey, i need some help removing tweak ui from my computer. i tried the unistall from add/remove programs and it just brings up an error message about the start menu. it asks if i want to debug it and that is all that happens. i was wondering if anybody knew any other way to unistall the program. thanks.

2. mike5532g

mike5532g

3. tombomac

tombomac Thread Starter

that specific removal tool is for older versions of tweak ui. i have the latest from the microsoft web page (version 2.1). thanks for the link. i figured out why it wouldn't unistall. the install program puts a link to tweak ui in a folder under programs in the start menu. i moved that shortcut accessories to get it out of the way. the unistall program was looking for the original location of the shortcut in the start menu and wouldn't continue with the unistall until it found it. so i just downloaded and reinstalled tweak ui and it took care of itself.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/325383

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice