Tweaking XP in all accounts?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

ian80

Hey guys,

I'm attempting to speed up my family's home computer while home for the weekend. They are running XP on 256 RAM and it just is too sluggish for words. I'm just going to follow one of the many XP tweak guides online, to see if that works (feel free to point me to your favourite). My questions is how I go about affecting ALL accounts with my changes. There are four accounts on the computer, all used by different people. I want to change the disply settings (ie, enabling windows classic theme) for all accounts all at once. Is there a way to do this (and not just changing the theme specifically, but making all changes and tweaks I make apply to all).

Also, while I'm here. They have a weird virus on there computer. It was attached itself to google.com (which is their homepage). Instead of loading google, it is a 'virus warning' located at http://www.systemsecurityindex.com/. Pop ups attack the computer continuously and there is flashing warning in the toolbar. I'm pretty sure it is all the same thing. Anyone know how to fix this? I've tried running spybot and ad-aware. Neither helped.

Thanks,
Ian

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online