1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

TweakNow crashes Outlook

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by esm, Jan 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. esm

esm Thread Starter

Hi,

Recently I installed Tweaknow powerpack 2006 v. 1.4.0 on one of my pcs and ran a reg clean and some optimization. About an hour later, when I checked my email, outlook 2003 popped the "error encounterd" window up and turned itself off. It does it constantly, despite a reinstall. At first I didn't connect that crashing with tweaknow.

Two days ago, I installed and ran tweaknow on another of my pcs and the exact same thing happened with outlook. Then I made the connection. To verify, I installed and ran it on my notebook, same result. Outlook only runs in "safe" mode.

I assume that some registry key related to Win XP is damaged or has been deleted. Since I have reinstalled outlook several times, I assume that the outlook-related keys have been correctly installed.

The tweaknow tech guys don't seem to know about this problem and they can't help me. Has anyone any idea where I could start looking?

Thanks,

esm

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/539724

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice