1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

TweakUi ?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by larry31, Dec 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. larry31

larry31 Thread Starter

Does TweakUi for Win- XP Home work in Win-7?

If not, is there a suitable sub. for Win-7 Prof.?

2. Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

3. Phantom010

Phantom010 Trusted Advisor

Tweak UI is for Windows XP only. I've used it for years. It's a Microsoft product, although not supported nor subjected to the same rigorous testing provided for the operating systems. It doesn't do anything you couldn't do yourself in the registry or in the Group Policy editor. Harmless, IMHO. I have never tried Ultimate Windows Tweaker v 2.2, so I can't vouch for it, but it seems to be a Microsoft application as well. With a lot more features than Tweak UI, there might be more potential for problems.

4. larry31

larry31 Thread Starter

I just downloaded UWT and tried it. First off, I only changed one thing. I checked the bullet for "Administrator"

which I should have been anyway. When I restarted, It came up with a log-on window, and my desktop was totally different. I did a system restore and deleted the UWT. ( BTW: I ran UWT from a thumb drive.)

Second, I wanted an easy way to reassign my drive letters. TweakUi did that in XP. I couldn't find any way to do that in UWT.

Guess I'll just do my drive reassigning the old way.

5. Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

I would be careful changing allocated drive letters if I was you

6. larry31

larry31 Thread Starter

These are for occasional devices, like thumb drives for backup. I want the drive letters to be the same so I can automate the copy routines of 3 different files.
    I created a Batch File to copy from C: drive to the thumb drives. Makes backing up a couple of dbbl-clk's .

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1139196

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice