two active hdds

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

tjmoes

I just noticed that i have two hds that have active partitions how do i deactivate the one hd and not lose all thats in there

Where did you see this information and why do you want to change your setup?

tjmoes

Icant run norton diskdoctor so tried mbrwizaRD AND IT SHOWED THE ACTIVE HDS e: AND c:

Well, you can download this fdisk, put it on a 98 startup floppy, boot from the floppy, and use:

fdisk /deactivate
option (see instructions)

http://ffdisk.webaps.de/fdisk121.zip
Startup floppy--->

Or just use the old and very limited MS fdisk that is already on the startup disk. You'll see the option to make a partition active.

But I really doubt this is why your app doesn't work.

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
OTOH, since it's not causing you any problem, why do you want to do anything with it? I routinely have a second active disk plugged into one of my drive drawers, it causes no issues, and there's no reason to fix something that isn't broken.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online