1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Two Audio Tone Login, Problem?

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by jexdragon, Feb 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jexdragon

jexdragon Thread Starter

Hey Guys I love this WYSIWYG!! where did you get it and how can I get it?.... ok but on to the real question.
    I have recently found several worms, viruses, Trojans on my system and my network. They were due to some P2P downloading that was not being monitored properly. I've cleaned up the mess but my system still has one interesting little problem. On startup (only first boot) after the POST and windows loading has happened right after I login and windows starts to load, Two tones come from the computers internal speaker. One low and one high. The tones are very consistent and are being sent by something that windows is loading. My virus scanner (avast 4 Home) has not detected anything to suggest that this is a malicious program/script. I have completed all windows updates and have multiple firewalls and a gateway in place on my network. I have attempted to monitor network traffic during boot and don't see anything that raises any red flags. Please if you have heard of this or know of any reason my system would be doing this let me know. I would really appreciate an e-mail if you could but I will check the forum otherwise.
    ([email protected])

My system Config is as follows:
    AMD 3000, DFI Mainboard
    1 GIG DDR 3200, 3 IDE HDD=400GB
    Soundblaster Audegy 2 LZ, NetGear Network card
    PNY Gforce 5700/256 Agp Card
    1 Cd Burner, 1 DVD burner
    ATX 450 W Case/pwr supply

2. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

The "two tones" you describe are usually associated with a warning from the motherboard that there is a temperature issue with the CPU, or a fan failure. It can vary by BIOS type.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/330103

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice