1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

two computers on network crash

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by plschwartz, Oct 2, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. plschwartz

plschwartz Thread Starter

Recently two of the computers on my home network started failing into a soft reboot. Both fail when on the internet ( but then that is where we are most of the time).
    In one I had replaced the HD just previously. I tested the HD at the Western Digital website and it read OK but the test time was way shorter than the failure intervals. Also reinstalled the memory sticks.
    The I found the other machine had similar problems.
    Could it possible be in the cable modem or the router?
    Although possible that it is the electric power am in downtown NYC where these kind of problems are not tolerated
    Both macines on w2k; toshiba cable modem Asante router
    Any thoughts welcome.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/97970

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice