two computers on one hard drive

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

cesarccarro

I have an external hard drive that I have some programs on. It has two firewire ports and needs to stay plugged into the one computer at all times. When I plug another computer into the second port to share files, it only appears on one computer at a time. How do I change that so that it appears on both? thanx.

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
You don't. If you want an external drive that is visible to more than one computer, try something like an inexpensive NAS (Network Attached Storage) solution. A typical one is the Iomega NAS 100d, but there are many others.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts