1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Two different BSOD need help

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Arogers1, Apr 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Arogers1

Arogers1 Thread Starter

I am running on windows 7, just built this computer myself, I invest around 750 dollars total in upgrades and already I am having problems with it. Built it maybe a month ago. Here is the technical info on the BSOD I have gotten.

0x0000003B (0X00000000C0000005, 0XFFFFF80002B958BF, 0XFFFFF8808F??, X0000000000000000)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0X0000007E (0XFFFFFFFFC0000005, 0XFFFFF880010C42E3, 0XFFFFF990??, XFFFFF88002FD2170)

*** fltmgr.sys - Address FFFFF880010C42E3 base at FFFFF880010BE000, 4a5bc11f

??= a few numbers that were cut off and I was unable to tell what they were
    -----= seperates the first BSOD from the second

Attachments: Hijackthis results, notices other people have requested this with other BSOD problems similar to mine so I thought I would include it.

Thank you.

Attached Files:

2. Rollin' Rog

Rollin' Rog

Is it repeating under random or predictable circumstances?

When did these begin, under what circumstances do they occur, and have you tried just doing a System Restore to an earlier date?

Be sure to show all available restore points when checking.

Could be a Norton issue, but check the reliability history for other errors and indications of what changes or installs preceded the problem.

http://helpdeskgeek.com/windows-7/windows-reliability-monitor/

I can run a debugging utility on the dump files if you do this:

1 > create a new folder on the desktop and call it "dumpcheck" or whatever you like
    2 > navigate to c:\windows\minidump and copy the last few minidump files to that folder. *this assumes 'c' is your boot drive, if it is not, subsitute accordingly
    3 > close the folder and right click on it and select Send to Compressed (zipped) Folder.
    4 > use the "manage attachments" in the "advanced" reply window to upload that zip file here as an attachment.

If you do not see any minidumps, be sure you are not using any cache cleaner such as CCleaner. Also run sysdm.cpl and select Advanced > Startup and Recovery. Make sure "small memory dump" is the one chosen under "write debugging information" and the location should be %systemroot%\minidump

Since almost all bugchecks can be caused by faulty ram, I would recommend you perform memory tests.

On Vista and Win7 you can run mdsched.exe -- once rebooted to the scanner press F1 for Advanced options and run the "extended" tests.

Another, some think better, program that can be used on all operating systems is memtest86

Beginners Guides: Diagnosing Bad Memory

Memtest86 - A Stand-alone Memory Diagnostic

3. Arogers1

Arogers1 Thread Starter

It is totally random, it wont happen for a few days then it will crash 10 times through out one day. I just recently reformatted so I haven't tried a system restore as I don't see the point being as how it barely has anything installed on it.

As for the debugging thing you mentioned, I tried locating my minidump folder and it appears I do not have one... I also do not have the mdsched.exe file

I find it usually happens while playing graphics intense games or while watching movies. But not only then it happens when I am just on the internet sometimes.

4. Rollin' Rog

Rollin' Rog

If you have recently reformatted and no new BSODs have occurred the minidump folder will not be created until then.

If you are getting BSODS, be sure to check my instructions for configuring the settings correctly.

If you still cannot find them -- the error is occuring on a very low level hardware basis.

I don't know why you are not finding the memory diagnostic -- here are more complete instructions:

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/715-memory-diagnostics-tool.html

-------------------------

Was the computer self-built, an upgrade, or bought new and off the shelf?

You may be encountering heat related issues or hardware incompatibility if self-built.

5. Arogers1

Arogers1 Thread Starter

My memory does not seem to be the problem, I ran the Memory Diagnostics Tool and it did not find any errors. I also checked my CPU temperature to see if heat was the

problem like you mentioned before and EVEREST showed me this: Temperatures - WDC WD4000AAJS-65TKA0 35 C (95 F)

But on the other hand I was able to find the minidump folder you talked about and I followed your instructions, here is the attachment.

Attached Files:

6. Rollin' Rog

Rollin' Rog

The nominally faulting driver is a Microsoft one that shares memory with other non-Microsoft ones.

I would suspect Symantec has a finger in the pie here and would test with it uninstalled for a day or two; You might try something like Avast in the interim or just browse carefully.

Attached Files:

7. Arogers1

Arogers1 Thread Starter

When I went in and tried to delete csrss.exe it said: You require permission from TrustedInstaller to make changes to this file. So I did a search for TrustedInstaller and there is nothing under that name anywhere on my computer. What do you suggest I do?

8. Rollin' Rog

Rollin' Rog

You were given no instructions to delete that -- that is the legit Microsoft file.

You have to look for something NON Microsoft which works with it.

Symantec would be my best guess here and my recommendation at this point is to uninstall that if the problem is recurring and upload any new minidumps if BSODs occur after that.

9. Arogers1

Arogers1 Thread Starter

I was about to pull my hair out from all the stress this computer has been giving me and couldnt think of anything else to do but my friend suggested a Registry cleaner might solve my problems so I did some research, chose RegCure as the most likely to succeed in fixing my computer and after I bought it everything was working fine for a few days. But the BSOD are back. Not as often but they're still here. So here are some new minidump files. By the way I just wanted to say thank you so much for all of your patience and dedication to help me solve whatever problem is occurring, I am eternally grateful.

Attached Files:

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/918897

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice