1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Two Display Adapters when I only have one...+ Code 43 error

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Sndwchplcn, Sep 16, 2018.

Advertisement
  1. Sndwchplcn

Sndwchplcn Thread Starter

I have a Dell Inspiron 5000 (goo.gl/95rqDg) and when I go into device manager two display adapters show Radeon R5 and Radeon RX 560 Graphics. Currently, both of them aren't working because in properties they both show Windows Code 43. I have tried everything, including uninstalling and reinstalling them to no avail, also Driver Talent Pro, which also didn't repair them. I keep on using the word "them" like I should have two graphics cards. Also, it was working fine before, I don't know what triggered this. I don't have a warranty on the laptop either, so if anyone could help or tell me how screwed I am that would be great.

2. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    The Inspiron 5000 series does in fact come with optional dual graphics card. What is the Service Tag on the bottom of you laptop and what version of Windows?

3. Sndwchplcn

1VJ04K2 and windows 10

Last edited: Sep 17, 2018
  4. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Here's the drivers for that laptop for Windows 10: https://www.dell.com/support/home/ca/en/cadhs1/product-support/servicetag/1vj04k2/drivers

You might just be able to install the Dell Update program and it may download, install, and fix the driver issue. You should tart with this and update all the drivers and software it lists as available.

If not, download and save this driver: https://www.dell.com/support/home/ca/en/cadhs1/drivers/driversdetails?driverId=5G5P3
    Then go to Programs & Features in the Control Panel and uninstall the current AMD graphics driver, reboot as required. After reboot install the previously downloaded drivers.

5. Sndwchplcn

The first option worked, I think. The code 43 message is gone, and the resolution is different, which is good I'm guessing. I have yet to test a game, but anyways, thanks!

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1216606

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice