1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

two dreamweaver questions

Discussion in 'Web Design & Development' started by oldunion, Jan 31, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. oldunion

oldunion Thread Starter

Ok number one, i have a banner (.jpg) at the top, a breadcrumbnav below that, and a sidenav with adjacent text next to that. The breadcrumbnav will not line up with the banner or below unless they have no cellpadding/spacing but i wish to keep the illusion that they are slight seperated. they are all in tables at the moment.

Number two, i wish to make my pop-up menu's slightly transparent and also when they pop out for a graphic to extend beyond the menu from top to bottom of the page: graphic being just the color black for continuation of the pop-up menu.

Any help, thank you.

2. Rockn

Rockn

Is there a sample on the internet you can post the address to?

3. oldunion

oldunion Thread Starter

here is what it looks like now, notice the top banner is slight to the right of the rest below. [​IMG]

4. oldunion

oldunion Thread Starter

aside from being correctly centered i would also like to do something like this, no clue how as of yet. hopefully you good people could show me
    [​IMG]

as you can see its just a transparent overlay that could help to alleviate some of the floating connotation associated with the pop up menu.

5. eyal_p

eyal_p

for the transperent thing you can use CSS layers for that, and change the image alpha settings, which controlls the transparency of the image....search for it on the net...

6. oldunion

oldunion Thread Starter

what about the alignment?

7. AKA Arizona

AKA Arizona

I must be blind, I dont see an issue.................:cool:

8. oldunion

oldunion Thread Starter

it is definately off, enough to drive me crazy because i cant fix it. and why wont the tables line up in the first place.... they are all left aligned. :confused:

9. Rockn

Rockn

Why not post the URL instead of a screen shot? No one can really tell what is going on by looking at that image.

10. eyal_p

eyal_p

Just try to shorten the top image by 2 pixles..... :rolleyes:

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!