1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Two Error Messages

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by CindyFaith, Sep 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CindyFaith

CindyFaith Thread Starter

I am unable to open any of my program files or documents on my computer. I have no idea what would cause this to happen.

For awhile i could go through a back door, by accessing my Search for files or folders option and "Run program" options. Now I cannot even do that.

When I click on any of the icons from my desktop or any start up directories, I received two error messages in consecutive order.

The first is simply labeled an Explorer message that states

"This program has performed an illegal operation and will shut down, if the problem persists, contact the program vendor."

and the second is labeled as Microsoft Internet Explorer that states

"An error has occuired in the Internet Explorer. Internet Explorer will now close. If you continue to experience problems, please restart your computer."

Is there a program file or something missing that I need? I am totally at a loss and more frustrated than I want to be. I run my business from this PC.

Thank you for any help any one might be able to give

CindyFaith :D

2. normmork

normmork

You could try to start in Safe Mode and see if that allows you to access your program files.

Try a repair IE: START|Accesories|System Tools|System Information. Pull down menu TOOLS|Repair IE

3. Atomic666

Atomic666

Hi
    This sounds very much like virus or spyware related activity. Do you have AV software running and up to date. If not this should be your first port of call.

:D

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/163694

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice