Solved Two Failures to boot W10 in 3 Weeks

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

rbulot

Hi TS-Guys, I've had two failures of W-10 to boot up. The Win logo appears on screen bur nothing loads. I restart manually by pushing button on tower. I get the message attempting troubleshoot and then unsuccessful. I then try a system restore that fails. I try to boo into safe mode but nothing happens. I'm forced to restart windows and reinstall apps, etc. This seems to have started after the most recent W-10 update. I've pasted my SYSinfo.
Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.4
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8700K CPU @ 3.70GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 158 Stepping 10
Processor Count: 12
RAM: 32695 Mb
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB, -1 Mb
Hard Drives: C: 837 GB (236 GB Free); E: 1863 GB (1220 GB Free); F: 931 GB (699 GB Free);
Motherboard: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC., ROG MAXIMUS X HERO (WI-FI AC)
Antivirus: Windows Defender, Disabled

Version: 1803
Build: 17134.112

Thanks for any advice!
Richard

rbulot

None. I have Norton and Malwarebytes with no activity. However I was going to mark this post as solved. I discovered my MBR was corrupted to the point where
w10 would never boot up. I was able to regenerate the MBR and the problem is gone. I hope forever as I have no idea what caused the MBR to fail.
Thanks for trying to help COCO.
Best, Richard

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online