two graphic cards? Graphic Crashes.. please help.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

subjectzero

So whenever i try to run a 3D game of any sort my computer enters powersaver and crashes. im thinking my graphic card isnt strong enough but im not so well taugh on hardware.. heres what i have

8G ram
AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 910 processor 2.6ghz
ATI Radeon x600 graphics card
its an HP running windows vista. up to date drives and direct X10

i have a GeForce4 MX440-8X (NV18) just laying around my room. i was thinking of putting that in as well. not sure if it will hellp or not.

Oddba11

Jim
One or the other, not both.

Try updating or manually reinstalling the video drivers.

subjectzero

i have updated, reinstalled and even changed drivers. nothing works for the crashing rproblem

To help us help you,please use the TSG System Info tool to let Tech's know the specs of your computer: http://static.techguy.org/download/SysInfo.exe Copy and paste the results here in your thread. You can use the TSG Info to fill in your computer information in your user profile as well.

Also, if its a brand name system like an Acer,Dell or HP, please post the exact model of the system.

Make of PSU:
Wattage:

subjectzero

i looked at the mother board, i only have one slot. which graphic card do you think is betteR?
ps-5301-08HA

To help us help you,please use the TSG System Info tool to let Tech's know the specs of your computer: http://static.techguy.org/download/SysInfo.exe Copy and paste the results here in your thread. You can use the TSG Info to fill in your computer information in your user profile as well.

Also, if its a brand name system like an Acer,Dell or HP, please post the exact model of the system.

Make of PSU:
Wattage:

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online