1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Two hard drives two Different os?

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by daveaz, Nov 18, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. daveaz

daveaz Thread Starter

OK, here is the deal I have windows 2000 on one hard and I would like to install windows nt or 2000 on the other drive. The company that I work for, is worried that I will mess up their software on this one drive with other apllications. I need some advice they want me to run their software on nt workstation 4.0, but it can run on 2000. All I need is a simple solution to make everyone happy. The big 40 gig for my junk and the 10 gig for work. Without messing up the registry.

Thanks,
    David

2. webmin

webmin

Hi,

Windows Nt/2000 Are The Same. Windows 2000 is just version 5.0 to NT. What you should do is just leave windows 2000 if you dont know what exactly your doing.

3. daveaz

daveaz Thread Starter

I know that windows 2000 and nt are the same. What I am looking for is a solution. The easiest way to do this without screwing up my 2000 platform. I have my A+ and CCNA. I just want to be sureThis software that I am running is very expensive....So I need a solution answer.

Thank You,
    David

4. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

You can install one operating system on each disk and then configure the bios to boot off of disk 0 or disk 1. Another way is to use a boot manager such as boot magic. I think this is what you are asking for. I think it would be easier just to create another account on the existing operating system, less complicated and would leave more hd space.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/58882

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice