Two hard drives two Different os?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

daveaz

OK, here is the deal I have windows 2000 on one hard and I would like to install windows nt or 2000 on the other drive. The company that I work for, is worried that I will mess up their software on this one drive with other apllications. I need some advice they want me to run their software on nt workstation 4.0, but it can run on 2000. All I need is a simple solution to make everyone happy. The big 40 gig for my junk and the 10 gig for work. Without messing up the registry.

Thanks,
David

Hi,

Windows Nt/2000 Are The Same. Windows 2000 is just version 5.0 to NT. What you should do is just leave windows 2000 if you dont know what exactly your doing.

daveaz

I know that windows 2000 and nt are the same. What I am looking for is a solution. The easiest way to do this without screwing up my 2000 platform. I have my A+ and CCNA. I just want to be sureThis software that I am running is very expensive....So I need a solution answer.

Thank You,
David

crjdriver

You can install one operating system on each disk and then configure the bios to boot off of disk 0 or disk 1. Another way is to use a boot manager such as boot magic. I think this is what you are asking for. I think it would be easier just to create another account on the existing operating system, less complicated and would leave more hd space.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online