1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Two Harddrives Died on Same Laptop

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ttokee, Jul 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ttokee

ttokee Thread Starter

I have a sony laptop... and before the warranty expired the harddrive died... they gave me a new one and that one died 5-6 months later. Is it possible that they did not properly fix the laptop in the first place? I have a laptop cooler so it didn't overheat or anything... thanks

2. Gr3iz

Gr3iz

First Name:
    Mark
    Welcome to TSG!

There are two kinds of hard drive: those that have died, and those that are going to. Hard drives are mechanical devices with extremely tight tolerances internally. Laptop hard drives even more so. I've had drives last for 10 years. I've had drives bad out of the box. And everything in between. Sometimes they give early warning signs, many times not.

I doubt there is anything wrong with the laptop. Just the luck of the draw ...

3. loserOlimbs

loserOlimbs

I agree with the above post, though it may be series of drives Sony used as well. Every MGF has a bad string, and some brands are just all around a little sketchy.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!