Two motherboards gone pop?!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

ironfist

Hey all, it's good to be back!

Got a bit of a weird one today (don't I always?). Basically I have three computers. The first is a very low end machine:

SktA AMD Sepmron 2400
512Mb DDR 333
120GB HDD
GeForce 4 MX 440

The next is only slightly better:

SktA AMD Sepmron 2400
512Mb DDR 333
40GB HDD
20GB HDD
NVIDIA 6600 Ultra

And finally the best (which isn't that great):

Skt 939 AMD X2 4200
1.5Gb DDR 333
160GB SATA2 HDD
80GB HDD
120GB HDD
40GB SATA HDD
NVIDIA 7800GTX (256)

Basically the first and last computers now don't work. The first one does not put any output to the screen even with a new gcard. The old card is fried as it doesn't work in any machine. I would say that the mobo on the first one is dead too as everything spins up fine but there is zero output.

The third computer was running fine until it BSODed (XP bsod btw). Can't remember the stop error unfortunately. I turned it off and walked away. When I came back I turned it on and got no output on-screen. I unplugged all the drives and gave it another go. Got output but it froze after detecting the CPU. Got a POST code of 4F I believe. I put the drives back in and it froze after detecting them. This time it gave me a code of 5C.

Can anyone help me out with these issues? Or does it just sound like the mobos/bios on each is gone? If that is the case why the hell would two perfectly healthy computers go on the same day near enough?!

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Ironfist

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online