Two MS Edge-Chromium Tips!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Jack1000

Hey All,

If you are running the new Microsoft Edge Chromium browser, here are two things that you can disable to help your system run faster and smoother:

• Go under Settings and More (Three lines in right-hand corner.)
  • Go to Settings and System
  • Turn off Hardware Acceleration
  • Turn off Run Apps in the Background after Microsoft Edge is closed.
Jack

Attachments

Jack1000

When I did the MANUAL download and install for MS Edge Chromium on my laptop running Windows 8.1, that I had not yet converted to Windows 10 yet, I got two Edge icons in the desktop. Legacy Edge and Edge Chromium shortcuts:

They were also in the Start Menu and in the all APPS list. Search box opened up legacy Edge with everything stripped, like it was a brand new install. Edge Chromium opened up with all bookmarks carried over.

If you get this, just open up all Apps and delete the legacy Edge install. New Edge Chromium will than be in all areas. (You want to keep the one with the new modern icon.) No restart needed.

MS says that Edge Chromium when it comes out to Windows 10 is going to be a silent Windows update install and ANY legacy shortcuts to Edge are automatically going to be replaced with new Edge Chromium shortcuts. Old Edge will be hidden. Has anyone gotten Edge Chromium through automatic Windows 10 updates yet?

Satch

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts