1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

two op systems

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by irlpenske, Jan 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. irlpenske

irlpenske Thread Starter

when I boot my computer I am given the choice of windows xp and windows xp the top one works the other one does not how do I rid myself of this second choice and allow my computer to boot without having to choose?

This computer also loses the audio drivers about 1x week I reload driver and it works fine for a while

2. jnibori

jnibori

Not sure if this will help, but try this.

Control Panel > System > Advanced tab > Start up and Recovery button. Remove the check from Time To Display List Of Operating Systems.

3. Old Rich

Old Rich

Try this . . Click on Start . . Run . . type msconfig . . click on the Boot Ini tab and click on Check all boot paths . . if it comes back with one in invalid, click Fix invalid boot paths

4. irlpenske

irlpenske Thread Starter

Thanks that worked for me...any clues about losing the audio drivers?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/539409

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice