1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

two operating systems?

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by mylin, Nov 20, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mylin

mylin Thread Starter

I'm trying to install Windows XP, I started out with my Dell loaded with Windows 98 then went to ME, from that to 2000. I think, not sure, but I think that windows 2000 did not load properly and I don't know where to find it to take it out of the darn system. Every other time I've gone through the process, no problem but now while tring to load XP says "cannot continue, detect more than one operating stystem", HELP please. I did try to reload windows 2000 to take it out that way, again, "detect two operating systems" I took out ME and tried that, still the same thing. Help Help Thanks

2. subaruwrx

subaruwrx

Reformat? then install XP and 2000 to another directory? Upgrading OS's seems like a bad idea to me
    --Adam

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!