1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

two pages to one printing word 2003

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by the_ego, Jan 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. the_ego

the_ego Thread Starter

Hi Guys

Wonder if someone can help me. I am trying to do two pages to one page printing via file print in word 2003.
    When i choose two pages via the zoom option in the bottom right hand corner it prints out all the pages on single pages.
    Now if i choose properties when chossing file print i can change it there but this is altering the page setup with the printer which is hardward based.
    Does the software part actually work via the zoom option in word 2003?
    If so how can i get this printed that way?
    I have tried this on various printers, HP Laserjet's 4000, 4100, 4250 and 4350. HP 2100 printer also and they all get the same issue so i know it isn't a driver issue.

Any help would be appreciated.

2. cristobal03

cristobal03

Zoom works. You might have to switch the paper orientation from portrait to landscape. When you say the pages are all printed individually, are they scaled down like they should be?

chris.

3. the_ego

the_ego Thread Starter

Still doesn't make a difference.
    Am running SP2 on office 2003.
    Now i have Word 2007 and it prints fine first time so am thinking that it could be a service pack issue.
    As the application is running in a business enviornment it's not easy to just install it as it will have adverse affects on the custom Add-ons. What service pack are you running?
    I am sure this is a software bug and can be fixed but have looked for a hot fix but to no joy

4. caraewilton

caraewilton

Hi. I do this often, but I use the print options of my printer. I have a hp business inkjet, and under printer options it has a setting which allows me to print two pages on one.

5. the_ego

the_ego Thread Starter

yes i am aware of that but thats not how it should be done as there is an option within word that caters for it. It works on Word 2007 but not on Word 2003.

6. cristobal03

cristobal03

I was using Office 10 the last time I printed from Word using zoom. However, that was at least half a year ago at a place where I no longer work, and I use Oo_Org on my personal box. I believe I had the most current SP for Office at the time.

Not at all a solution, but in the meantime why not just print through 2007? At least until a Word MVP voices in. I highly doubt it's an issue with the Office 10 build or SP; if it were, issues would be plastered all over the net.

Sorry I haven't been more helpful.

chris.

7. EBSchrader

EBSchrader

I just printed 2 pages on one sheet, using File/Zoom, with no difficulty -- Word 2003. That's not how I normally do it, but it does work for me.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/677217

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice