1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

two people on one I.P

Discussion in 'Games' started by Shortys748, Jul 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Shortys748

Shortys748 Thread Starter

Hello,

I'm at a friends house and we are trying to play Counter-strike source, and does anyone know how to be able to both play.....we both have two diffrent steam id's, and both have the game, but its not letting us both join the same server....anyone know what to do?

2. Shortys748

3. Shortys748

4. Kramer55

Kramer55

Are you both connected through a router, or how are you connected to the internet?

If you are sharing the same I.P., I don't believe you will be able to connect to the same server.

5. Shortys748

yes we are connected through a router, i know its possible, my other friends did it

6. renegade X

renegade X

You have installed both games with different serial keys correct? If so, make sure the ports are open on the router

7. Shortys748

yes, we both have the game, we dont share an account, we have our own accounts. ill check out the ports....after i figure out how to.

8. renegade X

renegade X

What kind of router, and what are the games ports used? You can usally see what ports are used by looking in the Options menu under Network, in game. Google your router model then add port forwarding like this; "router model+port forwarding" (with router model being replaced by the model obviously. If you have a Linksys your default password is "admin" with no user name. If someone else has saved a password there, you will need that.

9. sliver624

sliver624

10. sliver624

sliver624

First of all, what does it say the problem is?
    That might help.

11. renegade X

renegade X

I will assume that the client can se no servers in the LAN lobby. Correct Shorty?

12. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    hmmm... usually servers don't like having two computers on one IP address because the data it receives from a server's standpoint is coming from one computer. So when you are in a game the server may not know what to do with the data, if that make sense.

13. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/487392

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice