1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

two printers hooked up

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by mgbgtgrimm, Sep 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. mgbgtgrimm

mgbgtgrimm Thread Starter

Is it possible to install (hookup) two printers to the same computer and have them both active for printing? Greg & Grimm

2. K7M

K7M

As song as they are connected to separate ports. I have one on LPT1 and another on a usb port and they work together fine.

3. mgbgtgrimm

Is it OK if they are connected to two separate usb ports as I have 3 empty usb ports. Also I assume that I install both printer's driver's right.
    My WInME and WinXP are connected via LINKSYS wireless, HP printer is connected to WinME computerand Epson printer is connected to WinXP computer. Is it possible to send print jobs between the two computers?
    Greg & Grimm

4. 5mi11er

5mi11er

Yes, just turn on file/print sharing, and create shares for the printers. I believe it's possible to let the machine with the printer directly attached to just use it's printer drivers, thus the sending machine wouldn't need to install the drivers; but I've never attempted that, I've always just gone ahead and installed the printer drivers on all machines that want to use the printers.

5. mgbgtgrimm

5miller, where do I find "file/print sharing". In which window does it exist. In this window when I click 'file' the dropdown only lists three printer options, 'page setup,print,print preview'. Would it be something I would access in control panel? Greg & Grimm

6. 5mi11er

5mi11er

Yep, it's under some control panel options. I'm not familiar with ME at all, and have only passing experience with XP, so don't know exactly where to find it there either.

After googling, try this for XP, and I had a harder time finding something for ME, but try this link.

-Scott

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/269667

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice