1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Two Questions

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by pvkemail, Jan 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pvkemail

pvkemail Thread Starter

Hi all

I have two questions in this forum to ask:

1) Whenever I intend to install any softwares, some give two executable files, one for Windows 32bit and the other for windows 64 bit. What are these? I am using the Windows XP Home edition [1GB RAM and 120GB HDD] and how should I know which one to install ?

2) I have a broadband internet connection with a bandwidth of 2Mbps. I understand that when connected to internet, my IP address is my identity in the WWW. But recently I came to know that IP can easily misused by some websites and hackers. Therefore it is essential to protect our IP address while surfing from intruders. I also don't wish to mask(proxy)/hide my IP as it is not legal (?). Therefore, my question is, "Are there some open source softwares to protect our IP or is there some technique in windows to play around?"

I am really curious to know about these, please share your knowledge.

Thank you for your replies,

Have a great day :)
    Regards
    Vijay

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/674468

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice