1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Two Routers different ip adresses how to forward?? CHALLENGE!

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Khaoz11, Oct 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Khaoz11

Khaoz11 Thread Starter

I have 2 boxes that enable me to use the internet, one is a modem

westell c90-610030-06 (provided by my isp, bellsouth)

and the other one is my router (store bought, wireless router, links all 3 of my computers)

Linksys WRT300N

to be able to forward my ports correctly, i must forward the ports to both of these boxes.

Now, the ip addresses are different on both of them, 192.168.3.### on the linksys, and 192.168.1.### on the modem. i have my static ip set up to my linksys. wich works fine.

However when i try to forward my static ip address: 192.168.3.159, to my modem(westell) it tells me its not compatible with the private ip adress 192.168.1.###

my connection only works when my static ip is set up with my Linksys router, but when i try to change the Linksys router ip address to 192.168.1.1 , none of my computers get internet. :-/

note: none of my computers are set up with a static ip address except mine.

-is there anything i need to do to my computers after i change the linksys ip to 192.168.1.1, to allow them to connect to it? or is there another problem?

ill be on most of the time to answer any questions about my setup.

2. Khaoz11

Khaoz11 Thread Starter

Bummmpp!!!

3. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

One way to solve this issue would be to put the Westell in bridge mode to eliminate it's NAT layer.

See if Bridging a Westell Router helps you out.

Also, I suggest being a bit more patient, this is just a forum, not a chat room. ;) Normally, bumping your post after such a short time isn't really warranted.

4. Khaoz11

Khaoz11 Thread Starter

yay im glad someone answered me!! xD im going to try this ^^ thanks.
    in the meantime.. keep posting guys :)<

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/755553

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice