1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

two scsi hard drive install in win 2000

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by regorx, Jan 18, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. regorx

regorx Thread Starter

can some help me,i am trying to install 2 4.5 gig SCSI hard drives in windows 2000 .i an useing pci scsi card controller.
    i load win 2000 boot disc,s my system finds scsi,s no problem
    i format them and partion them .when it reboots to start loading windows it say cd rom error ! INSERT BOTT DISC AND RUN AGAIN
    any body got any pointers...

thanks ....rog:mad: :confused: :confused:

2. $teve

$teve

if you can fdisk and format ok then itsounds like its failing to read from the install disk..............make sure its clean and try again.............or if you can find another 2k disk try that.;)

3. $teve

$teve

and welcome to T.S.G. roger;)

4. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

First off, what kind of SCSI host adapter are you using? If it's doesn't have native W2K drivers, you have to hit F6 during the initial installation and install the drivers before you proceed, or you'll have a problem like you describe. You need to be more specific about the components you're using to get proper guidance...

5. regorx

regorx Thread Starter

thanks in advance,

i have managed to find on e of the scsi drives ,but windows
    still only see,s one of the scsi drives..

the scsi controler card is iwill side 2930c ,advansys asc 3030
    i am i the process of finding driver for it to see if that works..
    and upgrading the driver...

the mobo is legend super 3L...
    P3 PROCESSOR
    256 MEM

Also trying to find info on how to set up scsi and install
    hard drives on computer.. but info hard to find any good web-site,s you can send me to.. alot of people will not go into the scsis
    area because of this..????

thanks again........ roger..

6. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

SCSI drives are basically the same as the more common IDE drives. There is one difference, in that a SCSI cable needs to be terminated at both ends. Most modern host adapters have autotermination at their end, and some hard disks also have autotermination. You need to make sure that the cable is properly terminated, or all sorts of odd things will happen, such as not seeing all the attached drives. :)

7. regorx

regorx Thread Starter

thanks for that i will look into that ..cheers........rog

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/113960

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice