1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

two sound cards, not sure if this is possible

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Axoneo, Jan 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Axoneo

Axoneo Thread Starter

My Mother board has it's own sound card.. Asus A7N8X v2.0 Deluxe.. now I also have a Sound blaster live card in a PCI slot.. What I want to do is have 2 speakers + Woofer on the Asus bord, and 2 more speakers on the SB Live + Sub.. I am having hard time.. Any help or advice would be beautiful..
    Thank you. Any other questions are sooo welcomed..
    AX

2. Deathblow

Deathblow

I would think the 2 cards would interfere with each other. Your best bet is to turn off the Built in sound in bios. Is your Live more than 2 speakers?

3. CVDpr

CVDpr

You dont need to turn off the built sound in the bios... just go to control-panel/sound and audio devices and select the one you want...

4. jiml8

jiml8 Guest

I think OP wants to simultaneously run both sound cards. Windows won't permit this. I don't think Linux would permit it either, though Linux is so flexible I wouldn't want to commit there.

5. kronus

kronus

I'm thinking you could have both 2.1 speaker sets running off the SBLive! Tell windows that you're running a 4.1 speaker set. Most powered 2.1 speakers have a hardware bass crossover, so it doesn't really matter if windows knows what or how many or even if you're connecting any subs.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/436023

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice