1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

two USB Adapters connected to one network?

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Baktash, Aug 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Baktash

Baktash Thread Starter

I have linksys Wireless G USB adaptar. It is connected to a wireless network. If i get another wireless USB adapter and connect it to the same or different network, will it make my internet connection run faster?

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    No, your internet connection bandwidth is controlled (except for problems) by your ISP; they will neither increase it nor decrease it because of your number of connections.

Adding another device to your wireless network may give you slower speed on any one computer because of the additional contention for the wireless resource.

If you install another USB wireless adapter to the same PC and connect to a different wireless network, Windows will use one of those connections for your internet. You may experience a slowdown because of the USB contention.

3. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

I suspect you're talking about a local connection between a router and your computer. The answer is still now, but it's a slightly different question. :D

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/490872

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice