1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved Two user names on startup W-10

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by PCPAirGunGuy, Oct 31, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PCPAirGunGuy

PCPAirGunGuy Thread Starter

New to W-10. Built a win-10, 64 bit, home OEM for my step-son. This was a new install on a SSD drive. In my monkeying around I ended up with typo on one user accounts. I understand you can have two different types of accounts. That may be what I did wrong. I do not know what the password is the default user, but it is not tied to an email account. On startup it is the default user. When I push the enter key, a second user pops up on the lower left with email name. I can then enter the password and enter startup screen. All works well. I did do a restore, all worked without the bad user, until I rebooted. When all is done I do not want to enter password on startup. Before my monkeying the user name would enter startup screen without a password.

2. lunarlander

lunarlander

Try the following:

1. Type netplwiz in the Start menu search bar. ...
    2. Uncheck 'Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer' and click on "Apply".
    3. Enter the new username and password, then re-enter your password.
    4. Click Ok again to save the changes.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1218552

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice