1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Two XP setup questions

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by FrankB, Feb 14, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FrankB

FrankB Thread Starter

I have a Presario 715 laptop with an internal modem. I'm on XP and have just reloaded everything after putting in a new hard drive. There are a couple of settings I can't find.
    1) I can't turn off the speaker on the modem. It's full blast. I went to control panel,phone/modem,modem,properties/modem and moved the slider all the way to the left, rebooted still full blast. Slider still shows all the way to the left. I had it off with my previous drive.
    2) Font size while on the net using explorer. I go to view, text size, larger and it looks great. If I close explorer and come back in it goes back to normal size. Any thoughts? I have it set up as clear type.

Thanks

2. mal1930

mal1930

HI, I am not certain of this but I thought that was the normal action of text view was that it stayed where you put it. I does on mine. Peace Mal

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/118872

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice