1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

type vertically in word

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by catlady13, May 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. catlady13

catlady13 Thread Starter

HI, I have a friend who seems to think that because I can build a computer I should know every program known to mankind. I do not use office programs at all so I haven't a clue.
    She uses office 2003 at work and office 2007 at home and wants to know how to type vertically in word. She says if she just hits enter and drops down the spacing is too large and she thinks she once knew a way to do it and that there IS a way to do it. Please help.
    thanks you so much,
    catlady13
    the office idiot
    hardware person only .. LOL

2. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
  3. Rollin_Again

Rollin_Again

Don't forget that you can also use the built-in Word Art feature to insert text vertically.

Rollin

4. Keebellah

Keebellah Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Hans
    Etaf's tip is great, you can even add a table with lets, say 30 columns and change the text orientation, that way you can type a number of coulms beside each other all vertical (almost Japaneese or Chineese)

5. Keebellah

Keebellah Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Hans
    I tested my own tip but it doesn't give the needed result. :(
    Sorry no good (n)

6. md2lgyk

md2lgyk

I'm not at work to check, but I think Word 2007 has a text direction option somewhere. Maybe for text boxes?

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/920416

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice