Typed text stops often reappearing elsewhere.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

surreybeginner

Just had extra RAM (2GB) loaded into my wife's 5 year old Dell Inspiron 1300 which has speeded it up wonderfully. But since then, when typing into Hotmail, it stops showing text after typing, sometimes even appearing elsewhere on the document - frustrating indeed. Any ideas (basic ones, please !).:confused:

Here is one possibility while typing your document you accidentally touch the sensitive mouse pad which causes the curser to move overtypes what you've already written or types elsewhere.Solution use a usb mouse and disable the mousepad.

Here is one possibility while typing your document you accidentally touch the sensitive mouse pad which causes the curser to move overtypes what you've already written or types elsewhere.Solution use a usb mouse and disable the mousepad.
That is most likely what is wrong. I only have that problem on laptops. The palm of my hand touches the mouse pad, moving the cursor. The faster your machine responds...the worse this becomes.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online