Types of blank DVD disks?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

dougglos

Douglas
I am new to trying to save various TV programmes (sports events, etc.) on to DVD blank disks to playback later. For example, I have recorded some soccer matches and wish to save them to these blank disks. Can anyone help as to whether I need to buy DVD+R or DVD-R blanks? They will just be used the once, so I don't need to have the re-write type, but I am not sure which type I need. Many thanks for any help. :)

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
You may have more successful burns with DVD-R's.

Depending on which burning software program you use, make sure to verify and finalize the burn.
That allows the disc to be read and viewed in more optical drives.

-----------------------------------------------------------

dougglos

Douglas
Sorry, perhaps didn't explain myself fully ! I have recorded programmes on my TV hard drive, and just want to transfer them on to disks, to send to a relative. So I wanted advice on which type of disk would be preferable to use!

PSCO2007:- Thanks for the link, but being in the UK there are probably nearer sources!

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
Sorry, perhaps didn't explain myself fully ! I have recorded programmes on my TV hard drive, and just want to transfer them on to disks, to send to a relative. So I wanted advice on which type of disk would be preferable to use!
You didn't clarify that at the beginning, so I assumed you were referring to saved videos in your computer.

I personally have never recorded and saved videos on a TV, so someone else will need to address your issue.

---------------------------------------------------------

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online