1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Types of blank DVD disks?

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by dougglos, Feb 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. dougglos

dougglos Thread Starter

First Name:
    Douglas
    I am new to trying to save various TV programmes (sports events, etc.) on to DVD blank disks to playback later. For example, I have recorded some soccer matches and wish to save them to these blank disks. Can anyone help as to whether I need to buy DVD+R or DVD-R blanks? They will just be used the once, so I don't need to have the re-write type, but I am not sure which type I need. Many thanks for any help. :)

2. PSCO2007

PSCO2007

3. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    You may have more successful burns with DVD-R's.

Depending on which burning software program you use, make sure to verify and finalize the burn.
    That allows the disc to be read and viewed in more optical drives.

-----------------------------------------------------------

4. dougglos

dougglos Thread Starter

First Name:
    Douglas
    Sorry, perhaps didn't explain myself fully ! I have recorded programmes on my TV hard drive, and just want to transfer them on to disks, to send to a relative. So I wanted advice on which type of disk would be preferable to use!

PSCO2007:- Thanks for the link, but being in the UK there are probably nearer sources!

5. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    You didn't clarify that at the beginning, so I assumed you were referring to saved videos in your computer.

I personally have never recorded and saved videos on a TV, so someone else will need to address your issue.

---------------------------------------------------------

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!