1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Typing, cursor jumps...

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by wguido, May 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. wguido

wguido Thread Starter

I will be typing, and then all of a sudden, it will just like jump back into what I was previously typing,...if that make sense....for instance, if I was trying to type this: My cat ran away today...it would turn out like this....My caway todayat ra...for some reason it will like jump back into what I was typing. How can I get this to stop?

2. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

Any clues as to what the hardware is? Remember we cant see what type of PC you are using from this end.

One common cause relates to laptops with a "G Spot" pointer device (Small stub pointer beside the G key) that gets bumped while typing.

3. wguido

wguido Thread Starter

I have a dell inspirion 2650 laptop, no stub..i have a touch pad. using Windows XP...

4. wguido

wguido Thread Starter

It still keeps jumping back...it is so weird, and SOO ANNOYING! HELP!! PLEASEEEEEEE!

5. angel

angel

I've had that prob many times using laptops with touchpads. Somehow my palm or something ever so gently touches the toughpad just enough to be annoying as heck.

6. popchaz

popchaz

I have the same laptop and the same problem. I'll be typing away only to realize that the cursor is not where its suppose to be - it will have jumped to a different part of my text. Maddening! Please let me know if you come up with an explanation/solution. I always believed it was a faulty keyboard.

7. Rich-M

Rich-M

That is a common problem with laptops and I have never known the answer. Using a regular keyboard and mouse makes it happen less often, but it still happens.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/232588

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice