1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Typo

Discussion in 'Site Help, Feedback, & Announcements' started by osarius, Jan 15, 2011.

Advertisement
  1. osarius

osarius Thread Starter

2. leroys1000

leroys1000 Banned

That's just the way they worded the ad.
    Means plugging in a plug and play device and
    hoping it works.:)

3. LauraMJ

LauraMJ Administrator

Yes, it's a play on words. ;) While the "plug and play" feature of Windows is SUPPOSED to be easy.........many people, over the years, have found that when it does not work as it's supposed to,.......it's one of the worst things to try to fix.

Thus, you "plug and pray" that it works as it's supposed to. :p :D

4. osarius

osarius Thread Starter

I thought it might have been something along those lines :p but not having trouble with Plug and Play myself I thought it might have been a typo.

5. Drabdr

Drabdr Moderator

First Name:
    Brad
    (y)

That's still better than the old days, of making sure you loaded the correct driver, making sure there were no port conflicts, did you have the correct operating system, did something conflict with something else.....
    :)

6. LauraMJ

LauraMJ Administrator

Oh, it is usually the best thing since sliced bread. :D But when it doesn't work, ........ :eek:

7. Drabdr

Drabdr Moderator

First Name:
    Brad
    :)(y)

And I think the likelihood of it working is inversely proportional to how bad you need it. :D

8. osarius

osarius Thread Starter

Don't get me started -_-

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/974838

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice