1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

U.S. Robotics 56k Voice Win Modem Driver

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Vermea, Feb 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Vermea

Vermea Thread Starter

Background:

I had Win98 installed on 1 of my 2 HDD's. That HDD died on me, so I installed Win98 on my second drive and had some trouble finding the driver for my U.S. Robotics 56k Voice Win Modem. So i decided since I had nothing else to lose, I'd upgrade to Win2000.

Problem:

Win2000 found a driver for my modem, the only problem, win2000 thinks it's a 3COM Windows Modem ISA ADI (33Kbps). I found the driver for my modem and tried to install it, but it said that there was a problem while installing the driver so it didn't install. I was wondering if anyone knows what to do or where to get the "right" driver and how I can get it fixed. At the present time, I only connect at 31.2Kbps. I'd like that to change if possible. thank you in advance for anyone that may have any information that will help me. :)

2. hw45

hw45

3. Vermea

Vermea Thread Starter

Update:

I went to those sites, and I've been searching around the net for about 2 or 3 days now and I've found a few things out. Supposedly, the driver for my modem is built into Win2k. But one problem, I fear that it is the driver I am currently using. I found some more information about my modem tho. The model number is 0613, and the identification number (or whatever it is) is 872526-00. I did find a driver for it, but unfortunatly it was a win9x driver so it would not work on my win2k. Please, can someone help me with the right driver?! I'm desperate! This modem driver thing is KILLING ME! *cries*

4. Dynochem

Dynochem

I had this problem with one of these...
    3 Com & US Robotics are the same company

You didn't say if it is a PCI, ISA, or EXTERNAL type modem

For every driver for every modem & LOADS of modem info there are two extremely well laid out UK sites
    They will identify the modem/chipset & click you straight to the driver download.

or

5. Vermea

Vermea Thread Starter

I thank you very much. Those sites are very helpful...or they would be, if it were ANY problem but this one. My problem, I have now found, is Win2k is using this as if it is the driver that is SUPPOSED to be there...well you see, the transfer speed is the same as if it were a 56k, but it makes me wonder how it would be if it had the correct driver! *sigh*

6. simonkeeps

simonkeeps It's My Birthday!

I had a very similar problem when I upgraded to 2000.
    A problem that was never solved because it seems to
    be a compatibilty issue with these modems and 2000
    and XP also. You may try going back to 98 and dealing
    with that or perhaps buy another modem.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/117966

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice