1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Uber Problemos...Going crazy...

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by andywarhol, Jan 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. andywarhol

andywarhol Thread Starter

my computer is weird to the max....here are some problems just to name a few:
    when running random programs, i get fatal execution errors, i get messages asking to debug random apllications or terminate them, i get messages to just terminate things, i get messages that start coming up whenever i try and open something and whatever i try and open it says it has to close....sometimes my whole screen turns blue with white typewriter font saying i have hit a problem and i need to shut down (blah blah if the problem persists contact blah blah if this is the first time uve seen this error just reboot blah blah) sometimes my computer locks up and i get stupid errors.....they tell me to send error reports, that does no good.....i get them 24/7 too......basically im getting error messaages with lots of zero's / name files in them and my only options really are to terminate things (things being applications im trying to run)...........this varies from aol instant messenger, to games, to internet browser, to word, to paint....anything..............ive run ad-aware, spybot, mcaffee, ive checked my hijackthis logfile and deleted unwanted things.....ive run chkdsk on bootup, ive run defrag, ive run system restore idno how far back, ive run clean disk, and other stuff.........suggestions plz???????????????????????im so lost and im getting annoyed.......i think most of these problems have started once i downloaded the service pack 2 package from offline......but idno if its sp2 doing it, or what im doing.....which is nothing abnormal.........im really annoyed....someone help me yay

2. andywarhol

and ive run stinger

3. andywarhol

ive notived that every week (even by the day sometimes) its getting worse.....like now im getting messages so fast i seriously am going nuts......does that mean its a virus or worm? possible spreading? mcafee/stinger dont find nething.... omg i need help uber

4. andywarhol

5. andywarhol

in attempt to fix the problem myself......i ran stinger and mcafee again......dont ask why since they didnt help the first time...but hey this time while both were scanning i got stupid errors again......"mcafee security center has encountered an error and needs to close" blah blah debug or terminate...................same for stinger..........................please someone who has suggestions - save me

6. iOXeR

iOXeR

What is your version of Windows? That is pretty wierd. I myself would BACKUP everything that you would like to keep. Then I would reformat/reinstall Windows. It sounds like the problem is not from any programs, considering that the errors come up whenever anything is open, which is telling me there is something most likely wrong with the windows core. I guess you should probably try to do a repair operation to windows first. I need to know the version of Windows to help you with that though. Try running scandisk. Go to Start>>Run>>CMD.exe(or command, sometimes it will only work one way or the other) then type chkdsk /F. It might tell you that it won't be able to fix the errors and that you need to have it run at startup. Type a "y" click enter. Restart the computer. Let it run. It might find a few problems then fix them. Tell me your results.

7. andywarhol

windows xp professional....it came sp1 but i downloaded sp2...........
    ive run checkdisk recently it found a few items but that hasnt helped that i know of

8. andywarhol

during chkdsk there are 5 stages....in 3 out of the 5 stages it found 6 or 7 total errors that were deleted i guess........ is that a lot? not a lot?............

im still not sure if the chkdsk has worked although ive only been on the computer for not long since i ran it, i will see....any other suggestions besides chkdsk?

9. iOXeR

iOXeR

Tell me if you get any more errors. If you do, you can try repairing the windows installation. Put in your windows installation disk and reboot. Your computer will probably ask you to press any key to boot from the CD. If it does, press any key. This will get you into the Windows setup stuff. Once it is finished loading, one of the options should be "Repair Windows Installation" or something like that. Choose that option. It will tell you how to proceed. If you password any accounts, I would have the passwords ready as the repair operation will most likely require them if I remember right. Do this and tell me your results.

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/322723

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice