1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Ubuntu 18.04.3 to use windows games on AMD x64 build

Discussion in 'Linux and Unix' started by LearningTeckGuy, Dec 9, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LearningTeckGuy

LearningTeckGuy Thread Starter

Hi, I used to be a windows 7 desktop gamer. After I installed ubuntu 18.04.3 bionic on this desktop. my new selfbuild AMD pc, I installed PlayOnLinux, then Steam, and logged in to Steam for linux?, tried to install Project cars 2 from dvd-rom but I think this needs to be a direct download thru the Steam website or such. Although Project cars 2 is listed on my favourites. Updates needed for Steam linux runtime. I also have Burnout paradise on dvd. Which i used to play on win7 intel Quad core i5 Ati 7770HD.

And nothing happens. Does AMD x64 system with ubuntu 18.04.3 OS work along side Play on linux and Steam, and if it works can i use code on dvd case to play game with download Project Cars2

thanks in advance

PS i am new to ubuntu OS
    Selvbuild recently
    Ubuntu 18.04.3 x64
    cpu. AMD razen5
    mobo. Gigabyte GA-AB350 gaming 3
    gpu. Radeon 4Gb RX550
    PSU. Masterwatt Lite 600 -80plus
    HP 22in HD screen
    Alpine 64 pro heatsink cooler
    internet. 2 bars of [6mb] Wifi from friend at present
    Nova [bitfenix] midi tower
    Windows gaming for free ?

2. bassfisher6522

bassfisher6522

From what I can remember, Steam is available on Linux. Then all you have to do is download Steam....sign into it and download your games.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1236854

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice