1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Ubuntu: Auto save email attachment to folder

Discussion in 'Linux and Unix' started by Damonc, Nov 6, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Damonc

Damonc Thread Starter

Hi,
    Hopefully a fairly easy question: I'm looking for an email client that can automatically save the attachment to a folder on the system. The client will need to be able to connect to an exchange server.

I have read that FiltaQuilla for thunderbird can do that, however it doesn't work on the current version.. and haven't yet found an alternative.

2. lunarlander

lunarlander

Are you sure you want to do this? An autosaved attachment could be malware or remote access trojan. If the user then double click on it, then it would be end game.

3. Damonc

Damonc Thread Starter

Yep, it’s an internal only email address, and the files are automated reports in CSV format.. so I’d then use PHP to parse the csv file.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1218786

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice