1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

ubuntu & ipod

Discussion in 'Linux and Unix' started by DEVGRU, Feb 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. DEVGRU

DEVGRU Thread Starter

hello i'm looking to switch over to ubuntu but the only thing holding me form doing it is my ipod i cant seam to find any Linux software that can do what itunes or Media monkey can do i need software that can sync music and videos to my 30gig 5th gen ipod. please I'm new to the whole Linux thing:)

2. ATLien

ATLien

Ubuntu works well with my 5G ipod.
    First off, I am running Ubuntu 6.10.
    I use gtkpod for the managing audio files. It automatically detects my ipod and it allows me to add and remove files from the ipod.
    I use ipodder to set up podcasts for download.
    I use GPixPod for loading my photos.
    Haven't gotten into ipod video yet so can't offer help on that end.

But these other applications work well for me. gtkpod, the main program, and ipodder work flawlessly for me. I have seen glitches in the operation of GPixPod but no crashes from it and it has always worked in the end.

Hope this helps.

3. RootbeaR

RootbeaR

I am new to Linux as well and don't have an ipod, but I have seen in the amorok media player a way to sync with devices. It can also get podcasts.

4. tomiboi

tomiboi

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/542983

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice