Ubuntu not booting and keyboard not working in grub

Evals

I successfully installed ubuntu 20.04 alongside windows 10 yesterday, but ended up assigning it too little disk space, so I tried shrinking the D partition. When i noticed i chose too little again (forgot to add two zeros at the end) considering the small volume and the fact it has pretty much just started i canceled it, and as far as i know corrupted both C and D partitions. I had too little space on ubuntu partition to make a bootable usb drive to try recovery, so i switched over to my laptop. After multiple times trying I wasn't able to download the iso file from the Microsoft page, so i downloaded it from some site, although probably not up-to-date.
I could not make any use of it because my keyboard isn't working while in grub. The default system is ubuntu so it tries to boot, but freezes on a black screen. It says
/dev/sda7: recovering journal
/dev/sda7: clean, 177105/1409024 files, 5367096/5632000 blocks
and nothing else, sometimes it's just the second line.
Please help!

Attachments

Last edited:

mohittomar13

Mohit Tomar
Go to "advance options" on GRUB, drop to root and try to mount C and D drives. Backup the data first before trying to fix anything further. If because of some reason you are not able to do that, then boot from a live usb or use something like puppylinux.

And never cancel hardware operations executing on the disk, specially in linux.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online