Ubuntu program suggestions

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

tony_montana

hi guys/gals i have been interested in using ubuntu for quite some time now and have tried on various occassions but have always reverted.

the main reason for this like many others is the driver support and programs. I would like to try again so if you could offer any suggestions I would be greatful

I know of open office already (y)
I would like a trustworthy and effective internet security suite with a password manager if possible
also a program that operates similar to microsoft office's groove program (automatic folder sync between pc's connected to the net or wlan/lan)
and any other useful programs

thanks in advance

Ubuntu comes packaged with many applications.

I'm not sure why you might need a security suite, although I know they are out there. Firefox can manage your passwords fine, and providing you don't play around with logins etc., you're not going to be infected by a virus.

Ubuntu one can provide internet storage for users, if that's what you need, or you could use something more cross-platform such as dropbox.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online