1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Ubuntu resolution issue

Discussion in 'Linux and Unix' started by Natesevol, Sep 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Natesevol

Natesevol Thread Starter

Hi all,

Can someone please point me in the right direction here. I have just installed ubuntu on a Sun xVM VirtualBox. Windows XP is the host.

Installation of ubuntu went through without a hitch but the only problem I have now is that I am unable to maximize the ubuntu window. It seems stuck on 16 bit mode.

On start up of Ubuntu I get this message from Virtual Box. I follow the instructions and try to change the resolution on the guest operating system (ubuntu) but dont seem able to. In ubuntu's system-preferences-screen resolution it is already on the maximum given. This i also took a screen shot of.

Please see screen shot of the message and the maximum size of my ubuntu session.

Clearly one can see I am a complete noob to all things technical. But one must start somewhere. :)

Hopefully someone here can help

Attached Files:

2. lotuseclat79

lotuseclat79

Have you tried to click on the Clone Screens in the Monitor Resolution Settings window?
    And then tried to make adjustments?

-- Tom

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/754377

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice