Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

UDF FILES?

1K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  valis 
#1 ·
I am running Windows 7 Professional. I downloaded some videos and converted them to DVD files (so that I could burn them to play on my DVD player. They worked fine, until I deleted a security program (WebRoot) from my system. Now, my computer recognizes those DVD files as UDF files as part of the “X86” program! My DVD player doesn’t recognize the UDF files at all! What can I do? Thanks!

#2 ·
Hi tedefroberts, and welcome to TSG.

I may be missing something in your explanation or you need to clarify the problem. I read it as you used some kind of software to create a DVD that would play on a DVD player. You were successful in doing that and the DVD was fine and able to play on your DVD player. You then deleted a security program on your computer and now, the same DVD that previously worked in the DVD player, is not recognized by that same DVD player. How would the DVD player know that you deleted the security program and why would it matter?

What do you mean by "converted them to DVD files"? Did you use software to take in the downloaded files and author (create) a DVD to use in your DVD player? What software did you use?

#3 ·
You are correct. Sorry I confused the issue. Meant to say that my laptop recognizes the files as UDF (instead of the DVD files it recognized before). I used Freemake to convert the files to DVD...and as I said, they played as DVD till suddenly being changed to UDF after I dumped a security program. Thanks

#6 ·
As downloading videos from youtube is against their terms of service, I'm going to have to close this, as we cannot assist.

thanks,

v

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.