1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

UEFI is missing

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Popchipcake, Feb 15, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Popchipcake

Popchipcake Thread Starter

Fresh build. Only thing used is my hard drive(refurbished at micro center). I was at least getting some where when trying to install Windows 10 via media creation tool. Tried many ways so I went to command and this time I cleaned both partitions.. normally I would just clean the primary (I only have one hard drive), I cleaned "0" and "1" through disk part.. Now when I reboot I shoot right to bios and the boot option for UEFI is no longer there. Any thing at all would be a stress relieve guys.

Parts list.
    Aorus B450 Pro wifi motherboard
    Ryzen 5 2600x (wraith cooler)
    Gtx Asus 1650 Phoenix
    1 Refurbished Seagate 1TB
    One 8Gig stick crucial of 3200Mhz
    EVGA 500Watt 80+

Last edited: Feb 15, 2020
  2. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

First of all, you are posting in a hardware forum and no one [other than you] has any idea what hardware you are running. Post ALL of your exact specs; ie exact motherboard, exact processor, exact pw supply, etc, etc. Do not post "500W pw supply" Post the exact brand and model# Do that for ALL of your parts.

3. Popchipcake

Popchipcake Thread Starter

*Edited post

4. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

1 Clear cmos with the clear pins
    2 Pull the pw connector from your hd
    3 Pw ON and see if you can enter the bios AND if it is set to uefi or legacy; since you have an older hd, you can use either one
    4 If you are able to enter the bios, shutdown and connect your drive
    5 Boot the system with the drive mfg's diagnostic ie seatools for dos. Here is a link for the download;
    https://www.seagate.com/support/game-drives/playstation/seatools-dos-master/
    Run both the long and short tests on the drive. IF it passes all tests, zero fill or wipe the drive then attempt another windows install.

Note you must have an optical drive to use seatools for dos ie CD/DVD. I have never tried to use the ISO on a usb so it might work and it might not work with a usb.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2020
As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1240286

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice