1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

UGH...What next??

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by hottesttotty, Dec 17, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. hottesttotty

hottesttotty Thread Starter

Ok, last week, I had posted about a shut down problem....I went through all the steps and got rid of alot of excess start up programs, etc.... and NOW, my puter seems to be losing it's mind!! Nothing EXTREME, but here's what it's doing now...

Occasionally my browser/mouse/keyboard is acting up, changing font size when I use the scroller, instead of scrolling down the page. Also, tried to post a few minutes ago, and mid-post it started doing that, AND when I used the backspace to correct the post, it took out whole words at a time, and then wouldn't let me continue typing anything in. Needless to say, I abandoned the whole post, restarted, and came straight here without doing anything!! (My font size is magically set to smallest, which I don't dare change yet, or it will do the flip-out thing again!!)

Also, I have a web site, and when I try to open it, and work online, if I have done almost anything else, like check mail first, Front Page won't open it online!??

I have checked everything I know, virus scan, etc... and just did a defrag less than a week ago....

Dunno WHAT I did now....Please HELP!!

TIA...

TT

2. Rockn

Rockn

Hey there totty,

What kind of internet connection do you have? Sounds like FP is trying to access your dialer to dial the internet when you are opening it. Your font size changing because of the wheel mouse sounds like a bad driver or the utility software that comes with it. I would try reinstalling that software again.

3. markshark09

markshark09

just a guess but maybe it's a virus. Use an antivirus program and see if that helps
    good luck

4. angel

angel

You issues with the scroll mouse and whole words being deleted when hitting backspace sounds like one of your Ctrl keys is stuck!

5. hottesttotty

hottesttotty Thread Starter

Hey, sorry I'm a little slow responding, but it's been 2 days of kids' Christmas parties and running around doing the "Mom duties"!!

Ran a v-scan, AGAIN, nothing there. Also, did find that I have a ctrl key that tends to be a bit sticky, so that appears to have been the problem there, I just tapped them both a few times, and no problems with that since.

Still having a problem getting Front Page to open online tho....don't suppose anyone has any guesses there? I've cleared all the Front Page temp files, so there's no swapping problem, but unless I've just done a restart, it won't open. I've noticed if I do a ctrl-alt-del after it happens ( or should I say, DOESN'T happen!!) there is something running that's called "msohtmed"....anyone know what the heck THAT is??

TIA

TT:)

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/62067

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice