Uhm...help?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Spinhack

I see that my problem is very small compared to the problems I could notice before but I would appreciate if you could help....
The thing is, (I beat about from many FAQ pages, but I couldn't find it) uhm....I know, probobly the answer is very simple.....when being in msn messenger, well, when I listen music with windows media player, the song name doesn't appear in my personal message, I've "ticked" show what I'm listening to and so on, but it won't help. I was just hoping maybe I could get some help from here...and btw don't mind this long text I wrote.....

Triple6

Rob
I've never used it but I'd make sure you have Windows Media Player 11 installed and then in WMP go to Tools -> Plug-ins and make sure Windows Live Messenger Music Plugin is checked, and make sure you have the latest version of Windows Live Messenger (8.1.0.178.00 I think) installed.

WhitPhil

Gone but never forgotten
Trusted Advisor
"previous post Retracted". If you select the music plugin, the song title appears.

Triple6 wins again!! :)

Triple6 said:
I've never used it but I'd make sure you have Windows Media Player 11 installed and then in WMP go to Tools -> Plug-ins and make sure Windows Live Messenger Music Plugin is checked, and make sure you have the latest version of Windows Live Messenger (8.1.0.178.00 I think) installed.
WMP 10 will do it as well you don't need 11

also in Windows Live Messenger, go to options > personal and make sure there is a check in the box beside "show song information from windows media player as a personal message"

Triple6

Rob
I heard it works better with WMP 11, plus I never did like WMP 10.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online