Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

UK Birth certificate number

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  ffaxdavid 
#1 ·
i have two copies of my birth certificate i paid for recently as parents lost the original. neither has my birth certificate number on them-how do i find out my birth certificate number if i do not have my original birth certificate, which usually has the birth certificate number in the top left or right corner, which my official copies of the certificate do not have on them!? am usually pretty good googling such things, but all i seem to find from similar ways of phrasing what i want end up being goto .gov web site which seems to deal mainly with applying for or how to apply for a copy (which paying twice for has not helped me from two different places, even though they are official copies of it...If anyone can tell me how to locate online my birth certificate number without owning the original birth certificate I would be well impressed!?

#3 ·
Thanks for suggestion, but after got 1st copy from .gov website i went the longer route of tracking down original registry office and getting 2nd copy from them, but its same as was given by .gov site-eg full birth certificate other than fact its missing the birth certificate number in corner

#5 ·
Perhaps contacting the General Registration Office would help. Did you ask for just a copy, or the Full (long Form) Birth Certificate? If the former, then that's the short form.
yep asked them, lack of reply after waiting 3 weeks led to asking here lol...am starting wonder if they no longer use a birth certificate number tbh, yes am asked for it a lot, but reading around the 9-10 digit number some places say is on a birth certificate, just is not on them it seem?had 3 full copies sent to me now,each with shorter different id numbers,and not where some web pages say it should be, as all copies i have i requested full and all show parents names etc full should show on them

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.