1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

ultimate boot disk

Discussion in 'Random Discussion' started by valis, Jan 6, 2006.

Advertisement
  1. valis

valis Moderator Thread Starter

heard about this studying for my a+. supposed to turn your win startup disk into a 'real powerhouse' Anyone have any info on it? Didn't see any bad reviews on google, but as always, going to ask you guys for real world advice.

v

2. gotrootdude

gotrootdude

Works well. Not much else to say, it's a boot disk. As far as a powerhouse, I'm not so sure, if you know what your doing, you can build a better one yourself. I have a few "special build boot disks" in my library, but the programs on them for diagnostic, antivirus, recovery, installation, etc, aren't free.

I'd also venture to say that it's of much more use for a Win98/ME/95 bootdisk than XP or win2k.

3. valis

pretty much the info I was looking for, root.....beginner tech with a pile of pc's to play with, and every now and then the client comes up with 'my disk won't boot'.....however, out of 500+ pc's, we've got maybe 2 that are 98....rest are 95% xp pro, 5% 2k.

Thanks for hte info.

4. Super-D-38

Super-D-38

Yeh, I got one called "Hiren's Boot CD ver 7.4"

Mod Edit *** Links to pirate software deleted ***
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    I've removed the links in the message, since that download includes a lot of commercial software that is clearly illegal. Please be more careful with what you link to in the future.

5. Stoner

Stoner Banned

Super D......you might want to edit that post.

Hiren's is usually considered warez.

6. Space Cowboy

Space Cowboy

I have quite a few Val.

Norton Ghost & Partition Magic
    Windows and DOS = All Versions
    An old McAfee disk I've only had to use once.
    Oops almost forgot .. F-Prot Dos Disk (Free)
    Thats about it.

7. valis

whoops.....didn't want to get anyone in trouble....again, read about it in the a+ book, was curious as to everyoen's experience with it, and decdied that hte one I asked about was for versions earlier than I have.....hope I didn't get anyone in hot h20.....

8. Stoner

Stoner Banned

9. Stoner

Stoner Banned

10. valis

i'm sure that ulitmate boot disk is legal too, otherwise it would'nt be plugged in the book....spinrite over at gpc is plugged too.....thanks for hte info, stoner, SC, and I am sure that I will find one.....hadn't even thought of one until last night, then thought 'that could be a useful tool in my toolikit at work'.....

11. Stoner

Stoner Banned

I've got Spinrite 5, but I never found it useful.
    Any drive I had needing a few clusters corrected usually had the same problem several weeks later, after using Spinrite.

12. Space Cowboy

Space Cowboy

Ditto ;)

Mornin Jack

13. valis

hmmmm....dunno.....all hte hd's that I"ve killed, none of this wouldl've helped them anyhow.....juts hosed my laptops hd wednesday, made for a fund day. thing was a hunk o junk anyhow.

14. Stoner

Stoner Banned

Mornin' SC :)

( my replies may seem a little slow this morning, TSG appears to be having a few problems)

15. Stoner

Stoner Banned

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/431836

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice